Rave Reviews Log: Animal Stories

October 23, 2006

I, Jack




By Patricia Finney
Animal: Dog
Rating: 4 stars
Reviewed by Noelle

"Hi! HI THERE! Hello! HI, FRIEND!! I am Jack! Look at me! Here I am. I like you. Do you like me? I am JACK. BIG DOG JACK!! Hi!" So begins Jack the Labrador's story, told from his very doggy point of view with footnotes by the cats. This very funny and clever story doesn't make you think that dogs act or would talk like people; they are, after all, dogs. Jack tells us all about his Pack (the people in his family), the cats (who he calls "normal-walking-with-fur-and-tail-type dogs but small and hidden-claws"), and what he loves (namely, food). Then Petra the beautiful Samoyed comes to live next door and Jack really falls in love, and his love will eventually lead him to become a hero (although perhaps not quite on purpose). If you like dogs or animal stories, you can't help liking this one, and you might learn quite a bit about dog behavior along the way. Lots of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home